Overcoming excuses and a gift to my mother

I have been making my 10,000 steps about three days a week. I really don't have a excuse and I need to do this for my health. I have to find a ways to continue, classes work, life and still take care of myself. My mothers birthday was last week and I took her two hours away to see my sister. Needles to say I did not make my 10,000 steps that day. One great thing did take place, my mother suffers from schizophrenia and she has believed for years that rainbows are God's way of  telling the world that he is going to protect us ( in a much more delusion way then I can explain). We came out of the restaurant after her birthday dinner  and there were two of the biggest rainbows that I have ever seen in my life.A double rainbow. There had not been a rain drop all day. This post may seem insignificant but, this is the first time I have ever publicly admitted to my mothers mental disorder.I have faced significant stigmas in my life due to her illness and have learned from a young age to cover up her illness. Despite my mothers illness she is a great person extremely courageous person with a extraordinary sense of humor. I can say without a doubt that I would not trade her for any other mother. Today for my mothers birthday I am going to give her the gift that it is except able in my eyes for her just to be her despite what the world says.

Popular Posts