My husband and myself went to the fair with his handicap aunt who never gets out of the house because, she is unable to walk. Due to her arthritis she also has difficulty in staying in a wheelchair because, her body bends in a odd position. This made the fair a adventure in itself. To top this off we went to the fair with my adoptive father and his husband who I have recently reconciled with. I am practicing forgiveness in every part of my life. This has not been easy since when I was a teenager he left his wife of thirty -years for a man. She partly blamed us children that she adopted but mainly my sister and myself because we were teenagers and she only wanted babies.It was partly due to the fact that we came from a extremely loving stable home prior to my father illness that made us orphans. Needless to say this was a bad time in life to deal with this type of situation. I already was in turmoil due to teenage hormones. We have since forgiven each other but, this is a continuous process on my part. People often say with your faith how can you forgive him when he is gay I feel that is a crazy question how can I not. It has not been easy because, I feel they left me to fend for myself since I was sixteen and this made my life allot harder then it needed to be. I am glad now that life was difficult in my early years because it has given me drive, appreciation and great survival skills. God gives us tribulation and even though it is difficult at the time much of my greatest blessing have come from it.

So the fair had some funny things happen first we went to the circus and sat in the front big mistake. A camel passed gas right in our face. The circus people shook the carpet on us and we had bits of animal poop on us and the worst odor you could imagine. My husband aunt was so happy because, the blues brothers kissed her. My husband bought her a squid hat and a robot almost pushed her into the pond. We had to buy a dog leash to use as a seat belt to stop her from slipping out of the wheelchair. Dave surprised me with a little Jewel box shaped like a lady bug, with a little lady bug necklace in it ( I loved it and it was a wonderful valentines surprise). He also bought me a apron with little roses on it. My husband and his aunt had their characters done. We had allot of bad fair food corn dogs,strawberry milk shakes, french fries. We watched folk artist, toured historic buildings, and watched baby pigs be born. The little pigs came running out of their mother ( surprise), they had their eyes open and they were allot smaller then then I expected. They like being petted immediately. We also saw different breads of very pretty chickens. I fed a giraffe a carrot. We watched a horse show. A beautiful white haired women with a sparkly blue outfit and blue high heals had big black stallions with long flowing manes do amazing tricks. Then we watched acrobats with a small girl sail through the air on rings and long colorful ribbons.  We looked at all the projects done by people there was a fish tank that had a rain and thunder storm ever fifteen minutes. There were animal barns and allot of fun games. I did not ride any rides. It was a really fun day. I had a few problems with my adopted father because, he and his husband did not want to be near a handicap person but, my husband and I dealt with it so despite the stress and being exhausted. I had fun. Forgiveness is not easy but it is commanded. It does not excuse bad behavior but their are missing of a great blessing if they do not get to know my husband aunt.

Popular Posts