I have had two really hard nights at work. The patients have been extremely demanding. I felt like no matter how much I tried I could not please them. Then I had a patient care technician that every time I ask him to do something he had a attitude. I would ask him to do something and I would have to defend every decision I made if it required him getting off his but. Then I ask him to help me get a women out of bed because the day shift nurse stated she was weak, needed physical therapy and had periods of unsteadiness on her feet. While he said to me you don't need help she steady I said the day shift nurse said she almost fell. The patient stated I didn't almost fall, he said to her she just lying to get help. On top of all this he stood on my foot while helping me and I think he broke my big toe. I was so mad I saw stars.  I had been answering lights all night that were his while he was sitting on his rump. I only had four patients and could not get my medications passed on time.Then I had someone tell me nurses make to much money. I have sacrificed my entire life for this job, I have spent $ 40,000 dollars on a education, I have given up holidays( they no longer pay time and ahalf for) I have worried and fretted for fear of making a mistake. I am by no means rich I have a twenty year old vechile, and a small house, I live on a strict budget but, I don't deserve my money.  Some days nothing seems to go right. Please God take this day and turn it for good. I just want to tell my best friend about my day but, I can't I miss you so much.

Popular Posts