Thoughts to ponder

The whole Bible reveals Jesus Christ. I had never thought about the Bible in that context before. Although I personally agree that the revelation of Jesus Christ in the Bible,is the best argument to prove the Bible is the word of God, this is one of the toughest to convince the secular world. The reason being they fail to read and study the Bible.


I have often heard he was a great moral teacher, but not the son of God. I was never really sure how to respond to this remark. In the article arguments that the Bible is the word of God.C.S Lewis made a comment “Either this man is, the son of God” or “else a madman or something worse” (Towns, p.2). This hit the nail on the head. No one except for the son of God or someone crazy could make the claims he made. I am that I am (Exod. 3:14-15), Jesus received and approved of human worship (Matt 14:33; 28; 9, John 20:28-29). He forgave sins (Mark2:5-7). C.S Lewis was right he had to be the son of God or you think the teachings of a madman are moral.

The last time I check no mad man I know, can heal the blind and the lame “come to him in the temple, and he healed them” (Mathew 21:14). The Bible reveals the person of Jesus Christ was a sinless man, born of a virgin given to mankind to pay the price for their sins. “This unique revelation of the God-man demands an examination by any rational person seeking the truth” (Towns, p.1). After reading the Bible I believe you can only come to two conclusions Jesus Christ is the son of God or you can reject him totally. If you do not believe the entire Bible you are putting in question the very nature of God and that his word is truth. I

Popular Posts