weekly virtue - kindness/goodness


Posted on: Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:59:00 PM EDT

Sustaining Excellence as Nurses

http://ncfnurses.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/sustaining-excellence/
“After a stretch of challenging shifts, a question plagued me: How is it possible to sustain excellence in this intense work of nursing?” writes Kathy Schoonover-Shoffner in her JCN editorial, “Sustaining Excellence.” Kathy knows that life is complicated and demanding. “As Christian nurses, how do we maintain ‘working with all our heart’ (Colossians 3:23) day after day and give 110% to our patients?”
Kathy concludes that the key to loving others over the long haul is being clothed with Christ. This means practicing the virtues he did – compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Colossians 3:12). “I’m amazed that Jesus, the one who perpetually sustains excellence in his work, wants to clothe me with his character,” says Kathy. “Even though I don’t always do so well getting dressed in these spiritual clothes every day, my commitment to Jesus and to excellence in nursing is for the long haul, so I’m going to keep trying.”

Popular Posts