Patience
 

Creed: I take a long time to overheat, and I endure patiently the unavoidable pressures of life.

 

Key Scripture:

“A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.” Proverbs 14:29

 

Assessment Statements:

1. I do not get angry with God when I have to endure suffering.

2. I am known to maintain honesty and integrity when under pressure.

3. I always put matters into God’s hands when I am under pressure.

4. I keep my composure, even when people or circumstances irritate me.

 

Patience is something I struggle with daily. I am not a patient person, and I can be quick-tempered, quick to lose my composure. As I ponder the word patience and the assessment statements this week, I am reminded of James 5:11. “What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You’ve heard, of course, of Job’s staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That’s because God cares, cares right down to the last detail.” (The Message)  My prayer is that we all learn to stay the course and allow God to reveal his plan for us in His time.  This definitely requires patience.

 

Popular Posts