Faithfulness

 

Creed: I have established a good name with God and with others based on my long-term loyalty to that relationship.

 

Key Scripture: “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:3-4

 

ASSESSMENT STATEMENTS

1.     I take unpopular stands when my faith dictates.

2.     I discipline my thoughts based on my faith in Jesus Christ.

3.     I follow God, even when it involves suffering.

4.     I follow through on commitments I have made to God.

 

 

I hope that you will continue to cultivate “your good name with God and with others” based on your faithfulness to those precious relationships. While I’m very good at maintaining and cultivating new relationships with friends, I’m less likely to remain loyal to some of my family relationships, especially with those who live out of town. With our busy lives, it seems hard to keep in touch, even though social media has seemingly made “catching up” almost instantaneous. I will strive to do better in the future and make time to use the telephone and catch up with those family members that I may only see once a year or so.

 

But even more important is the relationship we have with God. Are we truly loyal to that relationship in our time, our habits, and where we like to be? Would we rather spend time with our Lord than on Facebook, in front of the TV, working out, or hanging out with friends and family? I think how we spend our time, all 168 hours per week, does say a lot about our priorities. When I look at it from that perspective, how many hours of that 168 per week is spent focusing on my relationship with the Lord? Truthfully, not as many as I feel I should. This weekly devotion has convicted me, and I will do my best to make some changes this week to reflect how important this relationship is to me. How about you? How many of your 168 hours per week is spent in quality time with the Lord? Do you need to make a change?

Popular Posts