Work has been great lately I have learned a few new skills and it has not been overly demanding. Being a nurse can be the best job in the world or take everything you have. I have continued with my math class. I had to skip chapel last week due to a stomach virus. We have continued to work on our emergency fund. I also went thrifting again with my husband. We are working on Christmas gifts. We found my mother 4 shirts with tags one a silk shirt in brand new condition and three pairs of new pants for $1.50 total. We found a kings size set of Laura Ashly satin sheets with four pillow cases for 50 cents in great condition, a quilted purse with wallet and check book for 25 cents, I have been wanting one but refuse to pay $175.00 . These will be my presents. My husband found a compound bow that he has been wanting for $15.00 dollars that normally sell for $350.00. We got a Christmas angle for Grandma 10cents. A purple bead necklace for mom 5cents. Four brand new car speakers for a total of $ 1.00. To replace the ones in our van.  10 packets of seed for my garden for 10cents. A set of homemade doll cloths with twelve outfits for my niece for 50 cents. A cow tissue box holder for my mother- in -law for 10cents (she collects cows). My mother also picked out a rose in a water globe for her table it was given to us for free.  A  rose night light for 10cents. A dinosaur cake pan for 25cents. A raiser blade holder 5 cents. A country goose patch cookbook for 25cents. A set of rooster themed tin buckets three to match my country kitchen for free. The best find of all a rolling fold up walker with four wheels and a seat in brand new condition for grandma. She was thrilled because she fell at church and broke her foot so, she can use this to garden.  We thought she would be upset , she does not like to use these things. We were pleasantly surprised at how happy she was. It light weight so she can lift it. Best of all the family does not have to worry about her falling. We are so grateful to God she did not rebreak her hip she just had repaired. She also gets to keep her independence. We used our gift card to go to TGIF Fridays ( we had enough food with their special to bring home another meal).I earned it for good customer service at work. Then I found twenty dollars in a bush leaving the restaurant. So our thrifting day was free. I have allot of Christmas shopping done. I am always amazed at God's provision. I put it in our emergency fund. I also was able to get allot of fall cleaning done last week. I made homemade stove cleaner at cleaned the stove and behind it. My old antique stove looks new. The cleaner consisted of baking soda, salt, dawn dish detergent and water. I also cleaned one bathroom with it and it made it sparkle. I love my stove. I gave myself a manicure, I learned on pint rest. Did my hair in three different ways, I learned on pint rest. I have been working on my gardening journal as well as my math homework. Practiced for my 5k, I have a training schedule. Cleaned and organized one of my cupboards. Did laundry. I cut a great deal of coupons that my family actually uses the products. I also made homemade pumpkin muffins for the first day of fall using such a easy recipe. They were so good. I mixed a premade cake mix ( I got on sale) yellow, one can of pumpkin nothing Else no eggs no oil. I sprinkled the top with oatmeal, Cinnamon and sugar prior to baking. Place in cupcake holders. Baked on 350 for twenty minutes. Everyone thought I got them from the bakery they were great. I made twenty-four for $2.00 due to using a coupon for the cake mix and pumpkin. Cupcake holders free from mother-in-law. A fall tradition worth keeping. I have also been taking a great class at church on Monday nights called the truth project. The weather is starting to feel like fall the cool nights make for great sleeping weather. I love summer but, I am glad to see fall come. The sky has been gorgeous with big white floating clouds, and light pinks and blues. The crisp air in the morning makes for great weather to practice for my 5k. I have also lifted weights at work two days this week. I have been praying about a co-worker because, I did not get along with her. It has taken a year but, we are finally getting along. I also was able to come home early the other night. I was grateful because, I was able to spend time with family. I also had a long nap this afternoon after church. The entire family rested. Tonight there will be no work. Just rest, spending time with family. I had peanut butter pie today for dessert. I was able to have my Mother over last week for two days to spend the night. I am blessed.

Popular Posts