Moving forward

I was recently reading a book by Steven Covey. He stated that we are responsible for our own lives once we reach adulthood. It does not matter what are childhood was like, who hurt us, what disappointments we have faced. It is our personal responsablity how we react to the circumstances of our life. No matter what happens it is how you choose to react to it as a individual. When the Jewish people left with Moses to leave a life of slavery they would suffer many disappointments, setbacks, challenges. Moses and the people of Israel would cry out to the Lord in fear. God did not want his people frozen in fear because they were stuck in the past in a role of being slaves. He did not say it is ok because you were hurt in the past, or your life was difficult in the past. The word of the Lord came rebuking the people. Tell the people to go forward Exodus 14:10 -31. God states his strength is perfected in weakness 2 Corinthians 12:9. God does not want us stuck in the past but, renewed and strengthened in the future with him. It does not matter what you came from it matters who you will become. Last night at work was busy but, I was able to complete all my tasks on my to do list. I had challenging patients but, they are all stable now. I was even able to help others I was working with. I was able to get up and do yoga today. I had time to write and study God's word at the start of my day. I may even have overtime.

Popular Posts