Leaving a legancy

God has given each of us God appointed opportunities for lasting influence. In the book of Esther God Mordecai was promoted to high positions that was under heard of in his day for a Jew. He did not use his position to have earthly gains for himself. He used the influence to help spare the lives and increase the material wellbeing of fellow Jews. The echo's of his legacy is still known today. I pray that the God appointed opportunities that are in my path today, I will use to glorify the kingdom. I have to admit that sometimes the care of my home and my job as a nurse seem very insignificant. I sometimes feel that I am going in circles doing the same thing over and over. What I am doing is of no great importance. I am not looking at the opportunities that God has placed in my life from his point of view. God can use what is very insignificant to you if done for him to glorify his kingdom and will be your lasting legacy. That sitting with my patient before bed and praying has effects that I cannot see. I am sure when Mordecai took a young Esther as a orphan. He did not understand her fearless actions would save all the Jewish people. Devotional passage Esther 10: 1-3

Popular Posts