A letter written to all women about sorrow that is to applicable today and full of wisdom

If I need make a apology for writing you so often it must be this I can not help it. Having dwelt long in an obscure, oftentimes dark valley, and then passed out into a bright plane of life, I am full of tender yearning over other souls, and would gladly spend my whole time and strength for them. I long, especially, to see you feet established on an immovable rock. It seems to me that God is preparing you for great usefulness by fiery trail on your faith. They learn in suffering what the teach in song " oh how true this is! Who is so fitted to sing praises to Christ as he who has learned him in hours of bereavement, disappointment and despair? Faith is his unbelief ours. No process of reasoning can soothe a mothers empty aching heart or bring Christ into it to fill up all the great waste of room, But faith can. And Faith is his gift a gift to be worn by prayer. prayer persistent patient determined prayer will take no denial prayer that goes away one day unsatisfied. keeps saying well there's tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. God may wait to be gracious and I cant wait to receive but receive I must and will this is all heart not head work. Do I know what I am talking about yes I do. But my intellect is of no use to me when my heart is breaking. I must get down on my knees and own that I am less then nothing. seek God not joy consent to suffer not cry for relief. and how transcendently good he is when he brings me down to that low place and there shows me that self renouncing self despairing spot is just the one where he will stoop to meet me. My dear friend  don't let this great tragedy of sorrow fail to do everything for you. it is dreadful thing to lose children but a lost sorrow is the most fearful experience life can bring. I feel this so strongly that I could go writing all day. It has been said that the intent of sorrow is to toss us on God's promises. Alas these waves too often toss us away out to sea, where neither sun or stars appear for many days. I pray earnestly that it may not be so with you.

Popular Posts