The family meal

In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In times of trouble I often cry out into the Lord. I find comfort in the fact the Bible states His sweetest grace and most affectionate mercy to care for us in the midst of deep despair. I often find myself forgetting to call upon the Lord in times of tranquility. It is the little every day moments that build a life. These steamily everyday occurrence are special times to honor and find rest in our heavenly father. It is in these moments we build a family and the next generation. The end of the day meal is becoming a tradition of the past. It is being replaced by fly by meals as the family runs in and out of the house from various activities. Maybe your family sit and watches reality television. The family revealing in the dysfunction and despair of others. A meal is driving down the road listening to music after hitting the drive through. I am guilty of all this and more. It occurred to me during my prayer time that in times that seem rather insignificant this is when the next generation and the family is built. I hear many things about the cost of health care being unaffordable and the rising government spending and a budget that may never be under control. Women are placed in a unique place to effect the spiritual, emotional, and physical health of their family, with such a mundane thing as the family dinner time. The diet of a individual is the very foundation of health. It has been shown in countless scientific studies that children who participate in family meals have less depression, better grades, less use of drugs and alcohol. This is a time the family can use to give thanks for all they have. By consciously giving thanks it has been shown to move a individual to a higher brain function and release serotonin a neurotransmitter in the brain responsible for peace and happiness. I am so grateful I have God close to me in times of great trouble. I have come to realize the battle against evil is fought even in times of peace. When I have my guard down that is when the devil has the chance to use what appears to be the very insignificant things in life to destroy God's people. In a world that tells me that success is my career. I have to stay in close communion with the Lord. I have to ask God to guide my actions, and remove the blinders from my eyes, so I can serve him in the most important job in the world as a servant to my family. Decide women today to do battle with Satan and take back the family meal.

Popular Posts