When Dave and I where married for about a month we decided to hike to the light house on the beaches of Cape Henlopen Deleware. I had work night shift sixteen hours the night before as a nurse on the acute care of the elderly floor at Christiana care. We were young and in love. We still had the energy of new love. Well we began walking. It was still spring so the crisp beach air was invigorating. The light house was just around the bend. Well Dave and I had just put all are affairs in order the day before of a new married couple, health insurance, name changes, will, life insurance, social security card. Dave was busy looking for seashells well he walked. I was very excited about seeing the light house ahead of us. All of a sudden I saw my love waving his hand back and forth over his head. I was to far to see his face. I thought how sweet he is missing me. He then writes in the sand follow your foot prints in the sand and come back slowly. What fun game is my lover playing with me. With glee I follow the instructions. I come to my groom to find him pale white and shaking. I ask him What wrong are you ill? He points up to a sign that says do not go past this point this belongs to the United States military and has live ordinance in the ground. He grabbed me and hug me. He said they way you were skipping around I was sure you where done for.

Popular Posts